• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Exhaust manifold temps

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Looking for some confirmation about what should the exhaust manifold temps be? MEP-803A, the inner 2 ports are obviously higher than the outer ports. What is your sustained temp? In example, running at least 30 minutes with a load of 50% or greater, what temp do you have for the hottest on the exhaust manifold itself. Thank you.

I also need some ideas about the MEP-802A exhaust manifold temps.

I will gather my loaded temps and see what the average is.

thanks

jimbo913

I was finally able to run mine. Pulling right around 50% for 30 mins doors closed. Opened doors at 30 mins to take readings.

closest to fan 191
beside closet to fan 214
beside closest to genernator head 240
closest to genernator head 239

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I think I need to run mine again.
I had (far left(closest to fan)) 540 deg next one over 594 deg, next one 590 deg, and last one 538 deg

jimbo913

I need to clarify that I shut off the load and quickly opened the doors to measure. If you were still pulling a load, it could make all the difference.
I watch the EGT's in my truck all the time and as soon as you let off the throttle they drop.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Exhaust manifold temp
MEP-803A
load test 1 hour @ 100% taken while running under load. 642.5 degrees.
Mep803 80 1 hour.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks