• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803a generator

Jason Y

I am looking to hook up an air compressor to the lugs, just a simple single phase, 3 wire hookup. Question is which lugs do I hook the cables up to (White, Black and Green). It has an L1-L3, L0, and a GRD. My guess is L1 and L3 and the GRD since that is the way it was setup and worked on a Magnum 80 wheeled generator with the same lugs minus the L0.

2nd Question How do i tell if power is going to the lugs, to see if its working properly or not. Cause right now with the way i have it hooked up i get no power to the compressor, which leads me to beleive the lugs arent getting power? Or am i not thinking right on it.

I have very limited electrical knowledge, so please be gently with replies lol. Thank you.

Scoobyshep

I am looking to hook up an air compressor to the lugs, just a simple single phase, 3 wire hookup. Question is which lugs do I hook the cables up to (White, Black and Green). It has an L1-L3, L0, and a GRD. My guess is L1 and L3 and the GRD since that is the way it was setup and worked on a Magnum 80 wheeled generator with the same lugs minus the L0.

2nd Question How do i tell if power is going to the lugs, to see if its working properly or not. Cause right now with the way i have it hooked up i get no power to the compressor, which leads me to beleive the lugs arent getting power? Or am i not thinking right on it.

I have very limited electrical knowledge, so please be gently with replies lol. Thank you.
Need to know what the compressor voltage is.

Do you have a multimeter?

Guyfang

Staff member
Is this set new to you?
Have you ever seen it work right?
Have you downloaded the TM's from the TM forum and read the operators TM?

When you turn on the CB, (Circuit Breaker), there is supposed to be a light that comes on when the CB closes. Do you get a light?