• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a hz adjustment

chilbun28

Hi all. I finally got my cannon plug pin issue resolved with new plugs/pins and ol' girl runs great, so thanks for everyone's support. Now, with it running I notice the Hz adjustment know spins and works as it should if I'm tightening or increasing the Hz. However, when I turn the knob to the left to decrease the Hz they do not decrease as they should. I have to turn it to the left in order to feed cable out and go inside the motor compartment and push the adjustment connector in by hand to get the Hz down. Should I just hose the mechanical part down with penetrating oil, or is their a common fix for a sticky Hz assymbly adjustor? Thanks! -Chuck

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
Hi all. I finally got my cannon plug pin issue resolved with new plugs/pins and ol' girl runs great, so thanks for everyone's support. Now, with it running I notice the Hz adjustment know spins and works as it should if I'm tightening or increasing the Hz. However, when I turn the knob to the left to decrease the Hz they do not decrease as they should. I have to turn it to the left in order to feed cable out and go inside the motor compartment and push the adjustment connector in by hand to get the Hz down. Should I just hose the mechanical part down with penetrating oil, or is their a common fix for a sticky Hz assymbly adjustor? Thanks! -Chuck
Good job there Chuck! Glad to hear you got your unit up and running. My experience with the hertz adjustment cables has been just what you suggested. Some penetrating oil in the mechanism itself will do it good. I’ve also gone as far as to remove the cable at the other end (at the governor) then support the cable up high by means of a piece of string or something. Then, I inject the penetrating oil down into the cable housing. I’m a cheap son of a gun and I hate to spend the money on buying a new cable! If you’re not so cheap you could by a new one and that would also help with that problem. Good luck, and thanks for reaching out with your success story! We always like to hear the end result when someone asks for help on this forum. At least I do😄

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks