• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803A shows 60 hertz but no voltage

T.doucet

The generator was connected to my house 220V single phase. While running during a power outage the generator stopped outputting power. The generator never shut off. The hertz gauge was still reading 60hz but voltage gauge read zero. Tried restarting unit with same results. Any ideas where to begin trouble shooting?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The generator was connected to my house 220V single phase. While running during a power outage the generator stopped outputting power. The generator never shut off. The hertz gauge was still reading 60hz but voltage gauge read zero. Tried restarting unit with same results. Any ideas where to begin trouble shooting?
Easiest thing to check is the fuse next to the voltage regulator...if that has been done but don't know....look up the tm in the sticky of the genset section here and that will narrow it down better too.

T.doucet

Above, this is an important question, so listen up. If the hertz meter works, from where comes the signal for it? AC, or correct me if I am wrong?

Can you close the AC output switch, and get a light to come on? Do you get an idiot light to come on?

K1? Is it closing?

Is there ACV to the input side of K1?
I have limited information as of now. I currently work away from home and of course this happened while I was not there. I am trying to come up with a game plan for when I return (still a few days away) on the best way to trouble shoot the problem. I apricate any and all info but cannot answer many questions currently.