• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a starts, then stalls - SOLVED

jzuilkowski

I can start it up, but then it stalls almost the second I let go of the start switch. The temp light comes on saying it is overheated, even though it's ice cold. Fuel tank is 3/4 full.

I haven't run it properly for maybe a year, or a year and a half. Before this it always worked without issue.

I'm sure it's probably a bad sender, and I have a spare machine. But I wanted to check you you folks before I go on an expedition.

Why would you folks recommend I do?

jzuilkowski

Sure enough, I popped those 2 wires off and it fired up and stayed running.

So I pulled one off another gen I had, and went to take this one out and it broke off after the threads in the water pump. I was able to drill and bend it around with a scratch awl enough to be able to extract it with a long screw.

All good now. I've ordered some spares.

Thank you much!

jzuilkowski

Green Mountain Generators, or ebay. If you have something super specific, like the main rotary switch, that's a tough one. It really depends.

The only way to "convert to civilian" that I know of is to sell it and buy a civilian generator. I wouldn't do that.