• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 2-wire remote start kit that will be available shortly.
I already ship kits for the 803 & 803. I just need to do the final checkout of the 804 version in an 804 before it's ready to ship.
Weather is finally getting more tolerable here to do that checkout.
Kurt

robertsears1

To my knowledge, it is not possible to “rewire” an mep 804 to single phase like you can a 004 since it is a 10 wire generator head vs a 12 wire on the 004. Don’t know about any type of transformer. I do have a phase converter in the shop to power the three phase woodworking equipment I have in there from commercial single phase but I do not know if you can go the other direction In some way. When it gets time to start the unit, make sure to read the placard inside the control lid where it says to hold the switch in start until the oil pressure exceeds 25 psi, these military generators start unlike any engine I had ever started before.

Last edited:

jmenende

I just got my 804b. Ive seen these units and they look like new but the rust issues are horrendous. The paint in some panels can be scraped off only to reveal the rust. Looks like they f-up the paint job at factory.

Last edited:

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have any specific recommendation on a transfer switch. There is such a variety of them available with various features such as load shedding and other feature sone might desire in the transfer switch for their specific application and generator used.
A transfer switch or other controlling device such as a charge controller need to support a "2-wire" start stop control for a generator to work with my remote start system. Sometimes this is also referred to as a "dry contact".
In operation the ATS upon requiring generator power closes it's 2-wire interface contacts (relay or mechanical switch) which causes my system to start the generator and close it's contactor. Upon return of utility power the ATS would switch back to utility power and then open it's contacts on the 2-wire interface which then signals my controller to initiate the generator shut down process.
This same operation could be done manually with a simple toggle switch connected to my systems 2-wire interface to manually cause the generator to start and stop.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to do one more test in an 804 before calling it good.
The %Load measurement was a bit off and want to get that solid before releasing it.
Wife had a medical issue recently and that took priority. All better now.
Good news is it will support the MEP-804A, MEP-804B, MEP805A & MEP-806A.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks