• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805A GENERATOR

wallyA

I bought a 30k generator without the master switch. Can someone tell me how to wire a switch. it has 5 wires. I need to know which wire is which and where do these wires go on the switch.

nextalcupfan

I bought a 30k generator without the master switch. Can someone tell me how to wire a switch. it has 5 wires. I need to know which wire is which and where do these wires go on the switch.
Unit should have a wiring diagram riveted to the inside of one of the doors.
The wires have numbers and letters, and the terminals on the S1 should also be numbered.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I you haven't already done so download a copy of TM 9-6115-644-24. It has the info in there in the schematics section at the end to the TM.
Here is the info from the TM on how to wire the S1 switch.
The numbers closest to the switch are the wire numbers such as 180D. Each wire in the set has it's wire number stenciled along periodically along the side of it. You may need to cut a zip tie or two to find them.

Do you have a replacement S1 to put in? If not I have a couple available. PM me if interested.
805A S1 wiring.JPG

wallyA

I you haven't already done so download a copy of TM 9-6115-644-24. It has the info in there in the schematics section at the end to the TM.
Here is the info from the TM on how to wire the S1 switch.
The numbers closest to the switch are the wire numbers such as 180D. Each wire in the set has it's wire number stenciled along periodically along the side of it. You may need to cut a zip tie or two to find them.

Do you have a replacement S1 to put in? If not I have a couple available. PM me if interested.
View attachment 831813
I bought a switch on ebay. Hopefully it is the correct one. It is part # 31904QT. If it is the incorrect switch I would surely be interested in buying one from you.
The switch which I bought has 4 concentric layers. It has a bunch of numbers. And the first two layers ,closest to the dial, has a bunch of jumber wires.
I have a feeling I got the wrong switch. :(
Please let me know if you can help me.

Guyfang

Staff member
Wally, You need to download the TM's and start reading them. Dont throw money at your gen set. Take a little time to get smart about it, ask questions here, and save money for important things, like BEER! Of Bikes. If the TM's are hard to understand, go back to the third sentence. Thats what is the great thing about the SS forum. People are here to help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks