• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805b mystery coolant drain tube

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up an 805b this week, trying to put it all back together to test run it. I have a mystery coolant drain tube on the right side of the motor that I cannot find where it connects to. The manual only shows coolant drain lines on the left side of the motor. Can someone point me in the right direction on where this hose connects? It is the red hose that is clamped to the oil fill tube, right above the oil filter.

20151003_152235[1].jpg

Last edited:

seek

Could that be a temporary fuel filter drain hose. Looks like it might have been engineered to make draining the water off the fuel simple and clean.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was the only logical place I could make it fit also, I wanted to check to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. When I filled it with water, no water gushed from that side of the motor so at least there was no petcock missing or left open that I could not see.

Now the task of getting the fuel primed back up to make it run.

seek

I can't help with the priming I only have a little MEP. Although I now have been bitten and am looking for another challenge. Some of the TM's are quite detailed and should have that aspect covered.

The hose hanging loose was exactly what I would have done to keep it clean. I saw that filter just hanging out looking to soil that nice engine compartment. I hate anything that leaks, stains or steals.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the answer... it is for the water drain on the fuel filter.

seek.... you get a gold star for correct guess.

I have looked page by page thru the manual and it doesnt say or show where it connects to on the other end, but for those that need to know, it connects to the coolant drain hoses.

. Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

seek

Those TM's have a bunch of details in them and it does take a page by page to drill down. We have so many distractions in our lives details are easy to not see. Glad you know for sure. Like you said you would not want to spring a leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks