• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B on a M200A1

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP 805B on a M200A1, need help with centering

I just got my 805b skidded up on a M200a1, I would like to know how far forward does the genny need to sit? I know CG of the gen and the trailer, do those need to match? or how far from the rear frame of the trailer does the genny need to sit? Thanks for any help, if someone has one factory mounted on a trailer, if I could get the distance from the rear frame of the trailer to the frame on the genny that would help me alot. Trailer is tan, genny is green.

david

IMG_0363[1].jpg

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should set the generator so you get about 10% of the total weight on the tongue. That will make sure it is stable when towing.

Chainbreaker

If no one comes up with reference dimension for positioning you might consider using one of these trailer tongue weight scales. Takes the guess work out and you could fuel it up for worst case scenario or split the difference and go with a half full tank and then take a reading. If you do use a scale just be sure to take a reading off the lunette position (wood blocking down to scale) versus taking it from under the landing leg position to be more accurate.

http://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Sherl...m=+trailer +tongue +scale&utm_content=General

Guyfang

Staff member
People,

There is a manual that gives you this info. Look on your trailer data plate. There should be a TM for the PU, (Power Unit). NOT, the trailer or generator TM's. And the set pictured looks tight to me. I have mounted and dismounted a lot of them, it looks right. The M200A1 series trailer was designed to mount many different things, from generators to Mine ClearingDevices. If I was home, I would upload the right TM, but sadly won't get out of the poky till the 13th.

Generator trailers tend to be heavy on the front jack, might be one of the reasons I am having back problems.

Last edited:

baxter462

Hello,

Did you ever get your mep-805b positioned and mounted on your m200a1 trailer? I have this exact combination, and it seems to be well balanced. I could take measurements if you'd like.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not had a response or had time to play with green iron. If you don't mind taking a measurement for me.

I either have money and no time or time with no money

baxter462

Hello,

I did a couple quick measurements. Mine is positioned with the control panel towards the rear of the trailer. Hopefully that's how you placed yours on the trailer too. From the plate welded on the rear of the trailer's frame rail (where the angle iron for the fold-down platform bolts on) to the skid of the generator, it measures 5 3/8" (skid hangs out past the end of the trailer):
20161221_145631.jpg

From the front, it is 6 3/4" from the edge of the weld on the frame rail:

20161221_145756.jpg

If yours is turned around (control panel towards the front), you can use the positioning of mine to figure out where the generator's center of gravity is on the trailer, and put your generator's center of gravity on the exact same spot on the trailer (the generator would be further forward on the trailer)

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I placed mine control panel to the rear, thats why there is a platform there so why not use it. With the trailer not hooked up to the truck, do you have to have the rear legs down with this setup to keep the balance correct with you standing on the platform?

baxter462

The way mine is positioned, there is about an inch and a half clearance (I didn't measure it) between the platform and rear of the generator when the platform is up. Just enough room for whatever power cables you're running thought the pass-through.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes, I have them. BUT, I tried to upload all the manuals for the MEP-805B into the TM section and two of the manuals are too big to upload into SS. One of the manuals is the TM for trailer and gen set. I will see what else I can do to up load them. In any case, I will get them to you somehow.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I have them. BUT, I tried to upload all the manuals for the MEP-805B into the TM section and two of the manuals are too big to upload into SS. One of the manuals is the TM for trailer and gen set. I will see what else I can do to up load them. In any case, I will get them to you somehow.
A quick google search for that TM number pulls up this: http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-9-6115-663-13-and-P.pdf

Guyfang

Staff member
Well................................., You wanted the info for the MEP-805B, that is a 30 KW. The TM 9-6115-663-13&P is for the MEP-806B, 60 KW. The book for the MEP-805B, is TM 9-6115-662-13&P. I made a mistake in Post #12. At the end of the day, not a lot of difference between the two.

My intention was to put EVERY TM concerning the MEP-805B and the PU-803 and PU-803B, (Power Unit) or ANMJQ-40 or ANMJQ-40B, Power Plant, consists of TWO gen sets on two trailers, with a synchronization Box on one trailer). But the 662-13&P and TM 9-6115-671-14 are simply to big. Liberated manuals is a good source, but I still think its better for SS to have the manuals in its own TM library. One of you smart guys needs to figure out how we can do this. I am an old dinosaur.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy you have them all scanned? I can assemble them into either individual PDF bundles, or split 1 huge volume into two, if that fits onto the SS database better. Feel free to message me about this separately.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got them all ready to get load tested, scooted the jenny back on the trailer.

This is the load tester I will use, just hope its big enough. And going to use the 100amp plugs and connectors rather than try to guess the right sized aluminum.

IMG_0917[1].jpg

IMG_0918[1].jpg

IMG_0919[1].jpg
I will get a better photo of the 100 amp connectors after i get it out of the distribution box.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its a 33KW load bank. Seen and used one, but cant find a manual in my stuff for it. If you have one, or find one, post it in the TM section. And please don't forget to ground everything!

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a manual, it was in the tm storage on the door. Will try to figure out how to scan it to a pdf. I have a 8' ground for my 50kw that i will ground everything to, might even pour some water on it for good measure