• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806B Conversion

atgnu

Has anyone replaced the voltage regulator & governor control boards for use outside of the gensets' original enclosure? I am looking to install these into one of my vessels but space is limited. Doing away with the enclosure and periphery control boards that may not do well in a corrosive marine environment is what I am looking at doing. Below is what I had in mind-
-replace voltage regulator with a compatible unit, e.g. AVR SE350 (I have not been able to find schematics in the manual for the location of f- & f+ off the exciter. Part #6 on Figure 23 Pg122 is as far as I got.)
-replace gen control unit with compatible with the GAC Governor actuator, e.g. a generic unit that will receive engine speed, oil press, temp, and send the appropriate signal to the actuator

If there is something I am overlooking or if I am naiive to think the process would involve mainly the two procedures above, please inform me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks