• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 813a/803a Help with bleeding the Fuel System.

HSANDOVAL

Long story short, I had to replace the fuel drain nut on a MEP-813a as well as replace the secondary fuel filter. While starting up the generator, the engine turned over but shut down after 3 seconds. I am trying to bleed air out of the fuel system but the TM for this engine does not correlate to how my engine looks. After I complete the first step on the procedure, I do not know what the TM means by "Loosen injector fuel pipe (2) at fuel injection pump". Am I suppose to be cranking my engine every time I complete a step?

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel system is self priming. Make sure your batteries are good and fresh. Turn the machine to PRIME and let it sit there for a couple minutes. That should clean out the whole fuel system, outside of the metering pumps (which should have retained fuel in the hard lines). Turn the machine to START and give it a good crank (no more than 10 seconds at a whack). If you do this a couple times, it should stumble and fire up (or simply fire up).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks