• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-814a fuel system question

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a mep-814a generator. I am having some trouble with the fuel system. It has a primer pump just below the IP. There are 2 bleeder bolts on the IP. I can crack them open and prime the pump it will draw fuel and then start but die a few moments later and have lost prime or sucked air. I know it has an electrical fuel pump also. Is the electric pump just for priming or does it always run to feed the engine? If this is the case why have a mechanical pump also? The fuel path comes up from the tank right into the primer pump then thru filters and into the IP. I don't have any experience with these newer gens and I found some TMs online I couldn't find anything that talked about the primer pump or maintenance level fuel system troubleshooting. Everything was operator level. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Will

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Fixed it. Pinhole in hose sucking in air. Now when I start it, it fires right up, oil pressure comes up, the field flashes and the unit starts making power. Half the time when you let go of the starter switch the unit will die and half the time it functions as it should.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks