• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep002a and 3a parts question

robkiller

Is the generator the part connected to the motor that makes the power on the 3a and 2a the same? Are they both inter-changeable and run on ether unit? I think they should but I thought I would ask first.

Triple Jim

No, the generator of the 10 kW 003A is bigger than the one on the 5 kW 002A. I believe you can mount either one to either engine, but the 10 kW version is longer. I remember one of the guys here bought an 002A that had an 003A generator on it, and he was surprised when he figured that out.

Isaac-1

Like Jim said, we had one guy here that owned multiple MEP-002 / MEP-003 generators that had bought one MEP-002a from GL (or other government auction source) and was surprised to find it was a MEP-002a with a MEP-003a generator end connected, he was also surprised at how the larger MEP-003a generator end did not stand out as being wrong (looking too big) on the MEP-002a since if is hidden so much under the control box.

Ike

robkiller

Like Jim said, we had one guy here that owned multiple MEP-002 / MEP-003 generators that had bought one MEP-002a from GL (or other government auction source) and was surprised to find it was a MEP-002a with a MEP-003a generator end connected, he was also surprised at how the larger MEP-003a generator end did not stand out as being wrong (looking too big) on the MEP-002a since if is hidden so much under the control box.

Ike
Good to know thanks.