• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002A P/U @ Chambersburg PA

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the road again. Will be picking up Mep002a on 1/27/12 @ Chambersburg PA. Never been @ that base, initial phone call and schelduling seemed to be nice & helpfull. Any advice about the base and folks that work there.

Attachments

Timeline98

My last experience was a good one there. Friendly people, Amanda was easy to work with as far as scheduling. The folks at the pickup yard were friendly (I think it's Matt that runs the yard- Nice guy).
Just remember not to go to the Main gate. You're looking for a chain link fence area. There is a gate to drive your vehicle through, and a small "people" gate that you walk up to and someone will come out to look at your paper work. Should be a quick in and out deal. I'll be there the 26th to pick up mine. Good Luck.

Keith

shenkmen

The lady who checked me in had a bit of an attitude. I smiled and ignored it. Matt loaded me out and was a very nice guy.

The gov liq directions are good but the marker on the map is incorrectly placed and there is a discrepancy on the road name (GL calls it "Development Ave" VS google's "Vehicle Rd.". Scroll down past the map to see the accurate worded directions - Government Surplus Location at Letterkenny Army Depot, PA

Here's a google map link to the lot entrance which is on the south side of "Vehicle Rd". The gate is drawn and locked upon each vehicle entering and exiting. Attendees were present on the inside of the gate. 40.001538,-77.6577 - Google Maps

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also Won an MEP-002A and plan on picking up tomorrow. i have to call to make the apointment first.

RJM27, would you like me to bring yours back? i live in Binghamton, it would save you some fuel costs and chip in some gas money for me. win/win. PM me if you are intrested. Happy new generator by the way! :D

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JUst got home from work. Thaks for all info and advice!!!!!!!!!!!
Wild child, sorry we couldn't work it out, although hope to visit grandchildren in Carlisle PA, It's what makes the trip all worth it.
Bob.:D

Timeline 98 and shenkmen are both dead on. You won't actually get to meet Amanda though. She schedules from Mechanicsburg. Always pleasant, but more so now that she got a window in her door.

Gravytrain

I just picked up a mep-002 on 1/20/12 at chambersburg everything went great just remeber to take your truck and trailer registration , as for the lady in the office she starts with an attitude but once you talk to her a little shes nice , the genset is excellent just rebuilt and everthings there except the filters and oil.

Gravytrain

Heres the directions to the pick up area take 997 to coffey ave pass the main gate to the fire co .make a right on carbrough/ to the stop sign make a right on pennsylvania / and devopment ave is down there a 1/2 mi on the right / go to the first gate on the right

Ive been there for a m101a2 and your right you talk to a great girl at a different location . and the one at letterkenny is a little rough but warms up with your documents being right. And Matt is great! You get in and out but dont be early because they wont let u in!

Ratch

When I was there for an M101, I was early and had to wait. Matt got me loaded out in about 45 seconds, then helped me out at cost to his schedule later the same day. Good guy, drives a mean forklift.

The woman at the gate was nice enough to me. She's not employed by GL, though, she's with DRMO (I think). Matt's the only GL employee at that site.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great P/U @ Letterkenny, in and out no problems. Thanks for all the dirrections, looked like I knew were I was going.
Bob.
PS. Mep002A looks good will find out later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks