• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003A Generator - No Fuel Getting To Fuel Filters After Sitting

Kemper101

I have both MEP003A and MEP002A generators. Both ran great for as long as I used them. I let them sit outside for a few years through all seasons of weather. I recently tried to start them and both are now acting in the same way. They both started fine as usual and ran for a minute or so. When I try to restart them, they will not start. I cleaned the fuel tank and put new filters on the MEP003A. After reinstalling the filters with as much fuel in them as possible, I can now see that the fuel is not making it to the filters when I roll the units over.
Has anyone experienced this with the generators after letting them sit for a long period of time? What did it take to make them pump fuel again? Thanks up front for any help.

Dock Rocker

You need to pull the filter screens from the fuel pumps and clean or replace them. They drop out of the bottom of the pump. There are quite a few threads on this. You also may have a stuck pump. I would pull them off and clean and bench test them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamawieb

The bad thing about untreated diesel is that it causes algae to grow. The algae blocks everything up. Next time make sure you treat the fuel with algae killer to make sure it doesn't happen again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks