• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep016c belly tank feed

Jeepsinker

Finally got my 016c to put out power the other day and was load testing it when I found that it will not feed fuel from the belly tank up to the small tank on the side of the motor. Seems that the pump on the side of the motor will not pump fuel from the belly tank at all. I've tried with tank selector switch in all positions and I've tried leaving the slave cable plugged in as a power source with no luck. Anyone else had issues with this that were solvable other than by replacing that pump? Or are these pumps just prone to failure? I know it used to work because it filled the filter bowl the first time I fueled it up.

FloridaAKM

Mine ran well as far as the engine was concerned, pumping fuel from the belly tank. I never tried from the aux input as it wasn't needed. Now generating 220vac single phase was a different animal from 120vac single phase for some reason on this particular unit.

You may need to get a TM on this unit to help figure thru the problem. Mine has been sitting for a few years & my memory is a bit rusty on dealing with it. Good luck & hopefully its just a bit of dirt that will clean out.

Jeepsinker

Roger that. I'm about to tear into it and see if I can't figure something out. It actually looks like the fuel lines at hooked to the pump backwards, as in it may be tryin to suck fuel from the top tank and feed into the belly tank.

Jeepsinker

Well, in short the pump is bad. Completely rusted to crap inside. Even direct wired it won't run. I got another pump hooked up and plumbed today, then found that the float switch in the little top tank that powers up the pump when the top tank gets low isn't working either. Going to go back at it tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks