• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep016d voltage settings

dstang97

How do I know how to set the generator to 240v single phase. This is nothing like my mep002a? The manuals to not go into this. Also what's the chances someone installed. 400 hertz gauge on the genset? Gen head says 60cps and runs drills etc.

Isaac-1

There is a reconnection switch inside the control box that lets you select 240V only mode, this is not 120/240V though, if you need to run it in 120/240v split single phase mode there is a wiring modification you can do that involves adding a single jumper wire inside the control box.

Ike

p.s. on the chance of wrong gauge I would say fairly good, mine came from GL showing less than 1 hour of run time, the reason someone hooked a 24V DC hour meter up to the AC output lines on it. Needless to say it had more hours on it, but thankfully not a lot.

dstang97

Well what is the voltage settings on the outside for and what should I set them too? Pretty much guy wants $650 and does have voltage at the convenience outlet. Should I pull the trigger and buy it? Then buy the correct hertz gauge.

Isaac-1

The switch on the outside just controls what the panel meter sees, it does not change the voltage output settings. In my limited experience with a handful of these Yanmar retrofit units, it seems little attention was paid to bells and whistles like the gauges and the control box wiring when the conversions were done. As to if you should buy it, that depends on what you want it for, personally I think the price is more than I would pay given what you have said about the condition, but that is just me.

dstang97

So turning the dials on the outside while its running wont mater? Location is a big thing also. We have no surplus in the communist state of Connecticut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks