• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP018A wiring pics

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for actual "in service" hook-up pictures when in use by the military.

Image below shows my solution. Because of the location of my genset up high on the truck bed, a hole below the terminals works nicely to feed the heavy cable to them. Cover temporarily removed.

Attachments

ida34

Bjorn,
Mine are still on the trailer and they are connected to a huge switch box. I can take a pic later and post. Also, you should have a hinged cover there to go over the connections for safety. Looks like yours got torn off.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kip and I got a trailer(m103) with 2 gensets on it. It has one of those switch boxes on it. Is its purpose to just decide which genset is sending power out?

AN/ARC186

Looks good, I would suggest installing grommets in the holes or wrapping the cable with a wear sleeve to prevent wear through of the cable jacket and conductor insulation.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Chuck, that's what I was looking for.

Looks good, I would suggest installing grommets in the holes or wrapping the cable with a wear sleeve to prevent wear through of the cable jacket and conductor insulation.
Right, the whitish sleeve is a hard plastic protective cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks