• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802 master switch small copper part.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got an 802 with a bad master switch. (Tests bad. Power to #6, but nothing to #7 when in the crank position.)

I was pulling a known good switch off another machine. In so doing, I dropped a small copper piece out of the good switch (pictured on the floor next to it).

I can't figure out where it goes. There's 4 places where it'd physically fit, to connect two of the terminals. I just don't know which two.

Anybody know offhand? A search got me nothing. I've been pouring through the TM and pictures of the switch for hours, and none of them show this piece.

:(

Attachments

Ray70

Ok, in the schematic it looks like positions 6,4,8 and 2 are all jumped together.
Take a multi meter and look for continuity between all the even numbered positions.
With 1 jumper missing I suspect you will have 2 groups of 2 connections each and the jumper is meant to connect those 2 groups together.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, in the schematic it looks like positions 6,4,8 and 2 are all jumped together.
Take a multi meter and look for continuity between all the even numbered positions.
With 1 jumper missing I suspect you will have 2 groups of 2 connections each and the jumper is meant to connect those 2 groups together.
Thank you. I dislike displaying my ignorance. I'm a nurse and a linguist, not an electrician.

It looks like this was the 4/8 jumper.

Ray70

No worries at all, reading some of these schematics can be intimidating at the very least. I can barely scratch the surface compared to some of the electrical guys here! Good luck, hopefully you get it fixed up, if not we're all here to try to help.

Jayhawk#44

You will never know how many of those jumpers I have found in the control cube! :LOL:
Thats the awesome nature of this place. The access to and storage of generations of institutional knowledge coming from great people! Thanks in advance!!!

Matt

PS. I used to frequent ROP (Realoldspower.com). Several server crashes and virus infections wiped out massive amounts of such institutional knowledge. Stuff from GM/fisher career line engineers that will forever remain unknown and unknowable now that the info and people are gone. 😔

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks