• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802a Fire Discharged Monoammonium Phosphate Extinguisher - Clean-up

loca5790

I bought a generator that had a discharged ABC monoammonium phosphate extinguisher that had sat in it. It corroded the fuel lines, governor cable, paint on gnerator case and some bolts. The fuel lines, governor cable and bolts aren't a big issue. I'm largely through cleaning it up, I neutralized it with rubbing alcohol and vacuumed is much up as I could. I've opened the generator case and it has lot of the powder inside and was wondering best way to clean it (can I wash the innards) and what paint I can use on the generator case?

The issue looks like when the alternator was replaced the hooked a main ground up backwards it was justa melted ground and the alternator wires were cut-out and it was thrown out.

The injection pumps are clean/clear, unit has "34 hours", the head had a hanging valve and is off and cleaned up. Just tracing wires and some paint and a few small missing pieces at this point.

Here is what it looks like inside the generator power head/cylinder and some idea of the carnage.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks