• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP805B no voltage/hertz(did try start)

Dieseljo

Hii everyone,

last time you really helped me out on the right speed sensor. The problem right now is. No voltage or hertz is shown. As i iknow i use start to flash the fields. And 130 volts on phases shows up with 45 hertz. When i release start they go back to zero… i checked the relais and the wiring and there all fine. The lights on the avr. Are also working. Not sure what to do now…

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Do you know what a Quad mod fuse is? And if so, have you checked it?

This was a stupid post. I thought this was an A model. My Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dieseljo

Do you know what a Quad mod fuse is? And if so, have you checked it?
Never heard of a quad mod fuse.. but i did checked al the fuses i could find. I also checked all the diodes near the field flash relais. The only fuse im not sure of is R2 it gives me an O.L for a second a moment later resistance and back to O.L

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never heard of a quad mod fuse.. but i did checked al the fuses i could find. I also checked all the diodes near the field flash relais. The only fuse im not sure of is R2 it gives me an O.L for a second a moment later resistance and back to O.L
R2 is a 330 Ohm / 5W resistor - it should show 330 Ohm on the meter - if it doesn’t then there is only two problems:
1. resistor burnt out and has infinite ohm

2. you do not know how measure resistance and/or how to operate your meter

Evvy Fesler

It can be misleading to measure a resistor while connected to its circuit. Since it’s not a fuse (usually noted as F), you may not need to check it unless the TM asks you to. Don’t remove it from the circuit, though, as I was just stating a generic rule of thumb. If you need help with the meter and how to use we can coach you. PM me if you like.

Evvy-

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can be misleading to measure a resistor while connected to its circuit. Since it’s not a fuse (usually noted as F), you may not need to check it unless the TM asks you to. Don’t remove it from the circuit, though, as I was just stating a generic rule of thumb. If you need help with the meter and how to use we can coach you. PM me if you like.

Evvy-
Thanks Evvy,
R2 is a load resistor, it is connected to the 24 VDC bus after Master Switch S3 and Ground.
It stabilizes the DC Bus when the CIM boots up and during cranking.
If you measure this resistor in circuit with S3 in off position then the parallel resistance of all other devices being supplied here will lower the resistance significantly and it will be more like 30 Ohm + on your meter.
Peter

Last edited:

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hii everyone,

last time you really helped me out on the right speed sensor. The problem right now is. No voltage or hertz is shown. As i iknow i use start to flash the fields. And 130 volts on phases shows up with 45 hertz. When i release start they go back to zero… i checked the relais and the wiring and there all fine. The lights on the avr. Are also working. Not sure what to do now…
What this sounds like is a bad voltage regulator, check the LED’s on TCM102 and on the voltage regulator before and during start - make a video of it and post it to YouTube
There is a reason that there are so many LED’s on this backplane…….

Dieseljo

Evvy-
What this sounds like is a bad voltage regulator, check the LED’s on TCM102 and on the voltage regulator before and during start - make a video of it and post it to YouTube
Well.. the voltage regulator has allready been replaced. Im going to make a video post it on youtube and get a link down here.

Dieseljo

R2 is a 330 Ohm / 5W resistor - it should show 330 Ohm on the meter - if it doesn’t then there is only two problems:
1. resistor burnt out and has infinite ohm

2. you do not know how measure resistance and/or how to operate your meter
i made sure it didnt touch it with my fingers. But im doing something wrong for sure….

Dieseljo

Hii everyone,

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter

In this video we can hear a very strange noise right at 23 seconds in, when you excite the unit with the S1 Switch.
I would investigate this first. In the other video you posted, this noise is not present when you excite the system.
Besides this, you need to check the entire wiring system in your genset since you got this free hanging switch on the backside of your front panel and some form of a replacement switch installed.

The LED's where not clearly visible in your videos.

This is a good size project and point towards a complete overhaul of the electrical wiring harnesses for this to work reliably for any extended period of time.

Peter

Last edited:

Dieseljo

In this video we can hear a very strange noise right at 23 seconds in, when you excite the unit with the S1 Switch.
I would investigate this first. In the other video you posted, this noise is not present when you excite the system.
Besides this, you need to check the entire wiring system in your genset since you got this free hanging switch on the backside of your front panel and some form of a replacement switch installed.

The LED's where not clearly visible in your videos.

This is a good size project and point towards a complete overhaul of the electrical wiring harnesses for this to work reliably for any extended period of time.

Peter
Hi Peter,
At 23 seconds that’s the sound of the starter. I have to switch fault/reset on before i can excite the fields.

I will see what happens when i remove this extra switch and make it original again. But they must have done this for a reason and I’m about to find out. Keep you in touch

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Peter,
At 23 seconds that’s the sound of the starter. I have to switch fault/reset on before i can excite the fields.

I will see what happens when i remove this extra switch and make it original again. But they must have done this for a reason and I’m about to find out. Keep you in touch
If your starter kicks in during excitation then issue for not getting any power is in the governor control circuit….

Note: the bravo units have two different versions: first version is excitation during start and second version is after Genset started you have to move S1 from Run back to start for 1-3 seconds

in the second version the starter should not engage when S1 is moved back to start for excitation

it is possible that you have mix up of TCM100 / TCM102 and governor controller and CIM between these two versions
The second excitation version was only used I believe with the 3rd revision cim but I am not exactly sure off which cim this requires
Peter