• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mercedes Benz 4x4 1017

flighht2k5

Banned
I know its not a unimog, but I found one for sale and the guy wants 21,000. I dont know anything about these trucks. Does anyone here?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck is undoubtably the one that sold at GL French Camp a while ago. As usual, someone is trying to get rich on a "quick flip".

Wolf.Dose

Ulf,
your pic is a Magirus 168A11 FL or a 110-17AW. The first is from the same period of time as the 1017A.

Anyway, the price of 21000$ seems to be quiet high. You do not know the condition.
By the way, 24 V is the standard Voltage ratio for european trucks, so that are mass production parts (28V/34A alternator).
The engine type of the 1017 is correct OM 352 A.VIII, bore 97 mm, stroke 128 mm, displacement 5638 ccm (rounded according StVZO), 172HP/127kW at 2800 rpm, max torque 55 mkg/540Nm at 1600 rpm, measured maximum speed 87 km/h (54,07 mph). The OM number is Tdv 2320/054-12.
Greetings
Wolf

Last edited:

flighht2k5

Banned
That truck is undoubtably the one that sold at GL French Camp a while ago. As usual, someone is trying to get rich on a "quick flip".
He also has a m109 sitting next
to it and he's asking 8500 for it. That's what I thought about 21000. ThY seems a lot.

leedawg

I actually own one of these trucks. They are fantastic and a really neat rig. I wish I knew more about it on a recent trip to Germany I did however see several parked by a Mercedes Benz dealer service center. I bought mine through a college who acquired the vehicle in San Diego, CA Navy. Any way a little bit about the truck its a 5 speed syncromesh tranny with 4x4 air actuated transfer case, Has air actuated rear differential lock, Air actuated compression brake and the brakes are air over hydraulic much like a M35A (deuce and half). I use it all the time for hauling heavy loads of hay cement or just taking to home depot I did talk to my local Mercedes Benz dealer (needles to say they have never seen a vehicle like this) but the service guy was able to source replacement keys for the outside doors which was pretty amazing. Gets good fuel economy roughly 16 mpg or so. My only complaint with the truck is its geared a little low. For long highway travel it will take you forever to get where you are going (tops out at around 50 mpg maybe 54 if you run it right at red line) SO far ive used it for about 6 years and haven't had any problems with it however I would like to figure out where I can get it serviced beyond just simple fluid changes and such. Ill post up some pics when I take them. Oh and I only paid about 9k for mine and it was running with everything working on it when I got it. SO 21k seems a little steep for such a unique vehicle. The thing will go anywhere though. The only other peculiarity is im not sure how this vehicle got to the united states. My only theory was it was a truck at a German american military base and for some reason found its way on a boat back to the US and got auctioned off here in cali. HOpe this adds some more info for anybody interested.

Lee

cpotato2001

I actually own one of these trucks. They are fantastic and a really neat rig. I wish I knew more about it on a recent trip to Germany I did however see several parked by a Mercedes Benz dealer service center. I bought mine through a college who acquired the vehicle in San Diego, CA Navy. Any way a little bit about the truck its a 5 speed syncromesh tranny with 4x4 air actuated transfer case, Has air actuated rear differential lock, Air actuated compression brake and the brakes are air over hydraulic much like a M35A (deuce and half). I use it all the time for hauling heavy loads of hay cement or just taking to home depot I did talk to my local Mercedes Benz dealer (needles to say they have never seen a vehicle like this) but the service guy was able to source replacement keys for the outside doors which was pretty amazing. Gets good fuel economy roughly 16 mpg or so. My only complaint with the truck is its geared a little low. For long highway travel it will take you forever to get where you are going (tops out at around 50 mpg maybe 54 if you run it right at red line) SO far ive used it for about 6 years and haven't had any problems with it however I would like to figure out where I can get it serviced beyond just simple fluid changes and such. Ill post up some pics when I take them. Oh and I only paid about 9k for mine and it was running with everything working on it when I got it. SO 21k seems a little steep for such a unique vehicle. The thing will go anywhere though. The only other peculiarity is im not sure how this vehicle got to the united states. My only theory was it was a truck at a German american military base and for some reason found its way on a boat back to the US and got auctioned off here in cali. HOpe this adds some more info for anybody interested.

Lee
Hey! I also own one of these Merc 1017A I know this is a decade later than the last reply, But what does the outside door key look like? Mine also did not come with door keys and I hate leaving it unlocked as it's been one of my daily drivers for about a year and a half.. also I paid a fraction of what you paid : )
Planning to drive this truck to California from Nebraska in order to pick up the 2010 General Dynamics Growler M1161 I just bought and get both trucks back home.. should be a fun adventure..
have done a few 2500-2800 mile road trips in my M109A3 Deuce,Van,Shop approximately similar top speeds.. atleast I'll make it through the mountains again!! ; )

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks