• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mia/pow service in hammond louiaiana

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sept 16th in cate square hammond louisiana there will be a MIA/POW service. i will be bringing a duece and trailer for display. local college band and many veteran organizations will be on hand for this event. if anyone wants to attend and/or bring a mv shout back. i will take pics and post those here. 10 am to 2 pm . last year was the first and very small this year we are hoping for a larger turn out.

jluv1185

I wish it was on a Saturday, I would be there in a heartbeat. I wanna know the reason my desk calendar doesn't show this day being special? I have all kinds of other days on here that mean absolutely nothing to me, I don't even know what they are...example Rosh Hashanah day???

jluv1185

Thanks for the culture lesson my brother. Just googled it. Pow Mia day is a recognized day accross the nation right? I'm thinking it should be on my calendar is all...

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
update.. the local tv station is coming with local news papers. air force reserve will be bringing in a large grill and cooking up hamburgers and hot dogs. taps with the ringing of the pow/mia bell with the calling of the names of the local 24 still missing. 3 local veterans homes are busing in some that want to come. 2 tents set up for water and the cooking. local goverment officals are really helping out. the main man that is the driving force. james douglas that was in veitnam for 4 tours. special forces of the 101st airborne has been working hard since january. 21 gun salute along with a display duece and ammo trailer and maybe a m109 from goldneagle will make the day a great one. james wife is making up a flag colored blanket to raffle off. the proceeds are going in a general fund they have started that would go toward defraying the costs of the event. i will be taking some pics and posting them so those that are to far or working can see the event and be with us in spirit.. :beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
juan this is last years post and dates. the new dates for 2012 is sept 21. we will be having a short 2 block parade with vets in our trucks. then we will have the service. each year it gets bigger. breakfast donuts and then jambalya , hot dogs and hamburgers . we do have a great time:mrgreen: