• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mice

Jeepsinker

I found a squirrel in the cab of one of the ones I have here. He was quite displeased that I disturbed him...

With mice the key is to kill them, not deter them. Poison/ bait block/ pellets trays work best. Even wild cats can be pretty lazy, and they don't get every mouse.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious why not bait traps in cab ?
It encourages the little monsters to enter the cab, make a nest and then possibly die in the cab. Moth balls keep them out of the cab and the bait stations keep them out of the buildings.

FloridaAKM

A few years ago. I had the mice pull insulation out of my workshop & move it 50' to the new truck. There they plugged up the blower fan with insulation & built a large nest of sticks & insulation on top of the engine. It took quite abit of work to clean out the insulation from the duct work & to remove the big nest in the engine compartment, not to mention to repair the wiring damage of what the chewed on under the hood! I had to come up with a new parking place on the property to stop them from rebuilding.
They still show up in the shop & under the house from time to time. Poison baits they just stock pile, so metal professional traps keep them out for a while.