• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mighty Mite Spare Tire Rack: part needed

Mike_Pop

Can someone take a picture of the bracket that holds the tire onto the tire rack? I don't seem to have one. Is it the same as an M38A1?

Thanks,

Mike Pop

Goatwerks

I'll post a pic of the one on Dave's new toy later today, as I just installed his spare tire carrier yesterday.
Once installed, the tailgate cannot be opened, it bolts to the tailgate and the bumper.
I posted some new pic's of his on the g-503, but the spare mount wasn't on yet.
The retainer for the tire is round with a notch cut out and can be made easily :wink:

Mike_Pop

Jim,

I had a piece of flat steel and made my own but it is square. I put the notch in it but I would like to duplicate the original. If you can get a diameter, that would be great. Witht the Mite being so small, not being able to open the tailgate is not a big deal. Besides, it looks better with the spare tire hanging on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the Mites didn't have spares? Something about being able to be driven on 3 wheels.

DSD277

Mike
I have a pic of the plate on a Mite. The diameter is to the inside diameter of the lug pattern. I also looked at some (supposedly) M151 rims yesterday, and where the lug pattern was correct, the center pilot hole was much smaller than the one on my Mite.So I am not sure if they will fit the Mite.

Dave Dunn

Mike_Pop

Dave,

I do have a Mite spare rim and tire. So the round plate is nothing more than that? Just a round piece of 1/8" steel with a notch?

Kenny
Even though the Mites can be driven on three wheels, having a spare is nice and it makes the Mite look cool too.

Thanks!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks