• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MikeInMcCoy Parade

Through our many trips to Sparta, Fort McCoy, the number one GL employee, Mike, has become interested in our hobby.
He is a chairman of a parade in his home town and asked if some SS members would like to participate this year. Well he asked a long time ago, but a few of us, me, said we would. So now his worst fears are coming true, Kenny (no real screen name), Poof and myself are doing a late summer road trip.
We are assembling a convoy of Deuces and other assorted junk to make the 5 hour trip, to a town the size of an M105 bed, for the parade.
We will be heading out in the morning, with an ETA of late afternoon Saturday. The parade and associated goofing off is Sunday, and we hope to be heading back on Monday, labor day.
I am taking a bit of money for bail and a fist full of singles, cause Kenny can't keep out of the nudie bars.
Wish us well, we will report our outcome later.:beer:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Hey I can stay out of those kinds of establishments. But why? They can be a lot of fun. And I have a screen name, now if only I could remember my email.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you guys have a good trip. Mike is a fine gentleman to deal with and makes the whole GL experience worth it. I wish I were close enough to make the trip for his parade.

We better get some pics to follow (both the parade and nudie bars)...LOL

JOAT 0311

DrGreg, someone said you were around at Iola. Due to vehicle problems I was only there for Sun. Anyway, I would be interested in participating next year. I haven't been up to Fort McCoy in a while and would enjoy going back and feeding the mosquitoes. Will they let us in the CS chamber? I would like to run into some of the Wi guys.

poof

Dirty Hippie
It started with load out.. then kenny and I met Greg... then we ste up for parade then we went for a beer and a boat ride.. it ride ,was simple really...and some how Mike eludid my camera .. : ).. What a great bunch of people.. had a great time.
J.P.

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well I have returened and I have some pictures to share. I have to go see my dad now so I only have enough time to post a few pics. The first pic is of the camp grounds that Mike arranged for us. Kind of a strange place really. Then there is a pic of the business directly across the street from the camp ground. I swear I can't make this stuff up. Then there is the pic of poof really getting into the spirt of the place. I'm just glad we weren't there in July, read the sign and you will know why.

More to follow.

Attachments

We had a great time, 480 mile round trip and 13 hours on the hour meter. Most of our trip was 3 Deuces in convoy. The parade was great, I think the crowd really liked our MV's. We had a good time camping out and the bail money was not needed. All of the trucks ran out great, not a single problem with any of them. The M35A2 seems to run and drive better the farther you go.
Thank you to Mike and his family for the hospitality. It was a great 3 day MV adventure.

Attachments

The really great thing about this adventure was the SS members getting together and doing it. I want to thank Kenny and Poof, for which there would not have been a great time.
We put on nearly 1500 Deuce miles, most of which was in a three truck convoy, thru some interesting Wisconsin country side. Yes, we drank some beer. Maybe a few animals were hurt, or ate, but we had a really cool late summer run.
For anyone with an MV sitting in a parking spot, take it from me, there is a lot of fun to be had.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I was talking to my wife after I got home, yes I know hard to believe that we spoke. But here is what I came up with something. We, poof, drgreg and I are the only group that I am aware of that gets together on a regular basis and giving our MV's a work out. I know there must be others and I'm sure I will hear all about how clueless I am, but I call it as I see it. I tried to explain this to my wife and of course she just didn't get it. I love the fact that we do what we do and I actually enjoy the company of the the people I have met along the way. I know that the three of us may seem intimidating, but trust me we are not. So I've extended the invite to others in the past and I want to extend it again, come and hang out with us and enjoy not only looking at your stuff but driving it too. When I first started in this adventure I didn't know anyone and I didn't have a truck. But poof stepped up and invited me and even gave me some wheel time. I can't stress it enough that if you want to get involved in this hoby then meet some people and don't be afraid to walk into a gathering and say "hi I'm John Doe". It's a great hoby and it's filled with great and helpful people. It's not the lack of sleep talking when I say that I've had a great time every time I've gotten together with my MV buddies and I can't think of a better way to have spent my weekends. I'm looking forward to the fall edition of poofstock and seeing Mike there this time. I hope to meet many more of you there and at other events in the future. Come on out and enjoy you stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks