• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Equipment Auction, Spring Grove, IL

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gentlemen,

An auction site I regularly visit had a “surprise” listing that I rarely see.....military equipment. I called the seller, stated the equipment was acquired through a government program (likely through Ft McCoy in WI), maintained by the municipality since acquisition, used mostly in parades.

I‘ll be inspecting a couple things for myself at 12:30 tomorrow, let me know in this thread if you want pictures of anything listed.

I‘m not affiliated with the municipality in any way, it’s a town I pass through from my home in the Chicago Burbs to my farm in WI (where my green toys are).

The website is:

The listing is for November 10th, Spring Grove Municipality.

If i’ve listed this against any policy we have, I apologize......I thought it only fair to share (as our site has helped me tremendously).

Bob

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Gentlemen,

An auction site I regularly visit had a “surprise” listing that I rarely see.....military equipment. I called the seller, stated the equipment was acquired through a government program (likely through Ft McCoy in WI), maintained by the municipality since acquisition, used mostly in parades.

I‘ll be inspecting a couple things for myself at 12:30 tomorrow, let me know in this thread if you want pictures of anything listed.

I‘m not affiliated with the municipality in any way, it’s a town I pass through from my home in the Chicago Burbs to my farm in WI (where my green toys are).

The website is:

The listing is for November 10th, Spring Grove Municipality.

If i’ve listed this against any policy we have, I apologize......I thought it only fair to share (as our site has helped me tremendously).

Bob
Wow! I need a dump truck with a monster plow on the front of it like I need a hole in my head, but dang that sure is a decent price! And no reserve... Is that normal for that particular auction company? Is that something you had considered bidding on?

Tim

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
To be fair, I can’t tell you what I’ll bid on. It is normal that they sell without a reserve, but they‘ll put one on if the seller asks. Most municipalities received their surplus military equipment free of charge.
Understood. I wasn't trying to do anything sneaky, sly or underhanded. Don't believe in that sort of stuff...

THANKS for the link though. Who knows. Maybe that is a good spot to watch and see what happens. I buy toys for me, so sometimes I "lurk and learn" before jumping in and bidding. I have missed some incredible deals because of it - but that is okay by me...

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Understood. I wasn't trying to do anything sneaky, sly or underhanded. Don't believe in that sort of stuff...

THANKS for the link though. Who knows. Maybe that is a good spot to watch and see what happens. I buy toys for me, so sometimes I "lurk and learn" before jumping in and bidding. I have missed some incredible deals because of it - but that is okay by me...
Yea I’m the same I enjoy going to the local farm equipment auctions to mostly watch. I get caught up in the action, next thing ya know someone bought something so cheap I think to myself, ya big dummy you should have bid on that. Then there are time when my jaw drops to the floor because someone paid one and a half to twice as much as what it’s worth new . Any way I’ll quit rambling. I would love to get ahold of that m1061 trailer. One day I will have one if I can get over being cheap lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks