• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Family Appreciation Day - Lacey WA

Amer-team

Hello Team,

Here is another event we could do on Sept. 8, 2012. We should probably show up in the 0800 to 0830 range. Parking will be an issue, so we may need to take a few cones, get there early and take over a section of the parking lot, just outside of the event. The event will conclude about 1400.

This event is to give some recognition to the familys of the troops, espcially with so many of them deployed at this time.

Please chime in and let me know if you are able to attend, so we can do a bit of logistical planning. Hope to see you there.

Peter L.

wsucougarx

I am going to try and make it Peter. So far I have the day off and my wife and daughter will be attending their belated baby shower. The guys just can't stay home;-)

Amer-team

So far looks like two jeeps, an M151, and a tentative big truck and tentative or drive by motorcycle. Anyone else want to tag along? I will do WW2 for this one.

Hours of the actual event are 0930 to 1400. We should consider being in place by 0830 as we usually share the field with a Stryker and Humvee. If we have others interested, I will get there a bit earlier and put some cones out to stake out some adjacent parking spots.

Amer-team

Hope to see you in the morning. why not license it as a historical vehicle and be done with it? I think it only needs to be 25 years old. I am going to bring my 42 Ford. P

Amer-team

Very good. It is nice when you don't have to mess with that anymore. Am out putting some touch up on the 42. I have repainted the bumpers back to my uncle's unit. Am looking forward to getting back to the Combat Engineer mode.

Amer-team

Nice picture Mike, thank you. For all the rest of you, I was just trying to help them with their study of WW2 history. :) I was smiling in fear that they might scratch the paint.

Amer-team

MFAD after action report. We had 3 vehicles on display, 2 - WW2 jeeps and 1 - M 151. Also had a drive by from a URAL motorcycle. There were 5 troops in uniforms from WW2 to Vietnam. We shared the space with two Strykers and they also had 2 Humvee's in attendance. There was a great turnout from families around the JBLM area.
Here are a few pics from the day.

Attachments

REDROCKET

Great pictures Peter (however, I hope you BLEACH that seat!). BAH-HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Seriously though, the one w/the family in front of the Jeep is the best. Love how the two guys are checkin' things out in the back. I WISH we could have stayed and helped out w/this event but duty called that day. The picture of the soldier in the tub was worth 200 points and was well worth the drive by. From the write up is seems like you all had a GREAT turn out! Happy to hear!!

Amer-team

thank you for the drive by. We will get you next time.

I am sure that they were looking to see where all that oil was coming from.

They were a neat family with a deployed family member, so they needed to get out of the house for a bit.