• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Show & Swap meet in Silver Lake Michigan

67Beast

Well things have gone ahead and we are going to hold the 1st annual Silver Lake Sand Dunes Military vehicle show & swap meet this fall. It will be held in conjunction with the Fall Apple Festival on Sat. Sept. 16th. I'm doing all the organizing for the event for the Silver Lake Chamber of Comm. and I'm hoping we can get a decent turn out for the show. To show your vehicle at the show is FREE! So this is the chance for all you guys in and around Michigan to get to work and get your trucks ready! You have all summer to get it ready! I would love to have tons Military vehicles show up for this and show everyone how cool these trucks really are. Your vehicle does not have to be stock to show it, just of military origin. Prizes will be awarded to vehicles as voted on by the public. This should be a great family event as there is several other activities going on at the same time. Things like craft booths, apple pie contest, state championship BBQ cook off, farm markets, and a classic car show. There are plenty of hotels or campgrounds in the area for accomadations.

On sunday, anyone who is up to it, we will be all going out into the Silver Lake Sand Dunes State ORV Park to enjoy a day of running on the sand dunes. I have already talked to the DNR about a special use permit to allow us to go out there as a group.

Useful links for it
http://www.davidallenracing.com/militaryshow.htm
http://www.silverlakesanddunes.com/applefestweekendseptemberfestivalsinmichigan.html
http://www.silverlakesanddunes.com/

forklift

Be sure and post before it happens...I have a five minute attention span, and I definitely want to go. I.......

67Beast

I will definately be reminding everyone once it gets closer to the time of the show. I just wanted to get it out there so people could get an idea of when it will be.

ojsdna744, your truck doesn't have to be perfect to show up. There will be military vehicles in all forms of stages there. From full resto to full mod, just as long as it started it's life in the military it's welcome.

I also got news this morning the the Michigan National Guard has agreed to come and bring as many vehicles as they can. They are even talking bringing in tanks from the local armory! That should make quite the show if there are a few tanks sitting around.

forklift

Did you do the dumbox conversion on your truck. That was what my intentions are for my truck and I've been woundering were to get started. Any info would help. Looks like you did a nice job. Thank you, jake

67Beast

forklift said:
Did you do the dumbox conversion on your truck. That was what my intentions are for my truck and I've been woundering were to get started. Any info would help. Looks like you did a nice job. Thank you, jake
Nope the dump was on the truck when I bought it. It looks like it was pulled from a standard dump truck and fitted under the duece. The lift is a Venco # VC520. You are welcome to come down anytime to take a closer look if you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks