• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military speaker impedance

Kenneth Cole

Hi
Thinking of getting a military speaker for my CB radio for the military look. Does anyone know what the impedance of the speaker is inside or will I have to switch out the speaker.

Thanks for the help.

Ken

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
What / which model were you looking at. Many have coupling transformers or active amplifiers circuits. My guess is that after you get pass the extra parts, the speaker by its self will work just fine. Find an LS-454 that should meet the cool factor. Disconnect the matching transformer (600 to 8 ohm) and connect directly to the 8 ohm speaker. Get ready for a loud CB.

CAMO

papakb

I have plenty of both LS166 and LS-454 speakers if you want one please PM me. The 2 speakers are basically the same but the 166 has a switch on the side for vehicle or manpack operation. I can supply them in any condition either with or without cords or I can put in a new cord any length you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks