• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military speakers

2deuce

Has anyone used military speakers to install a am/fm radio. I'm thinking of the small square od design. Seen some forsale. Just considering the cool looking factor not for the quality sound. I would think that connecting to the radio would be a concern. Anybody done it?

AN/ARC186

You could just use the housings and replace the original speaker with a better aftermarket 2 way speaker.
The impedance is different than the standard 4 ohm output on car stereos and connecting them without matching the impedance can burn out the finals in the stereo.

2deuce

I believe it is 3 watts to 8 ohms impedance. I get lost pretty fast on this stuff. Using the housings is a good idea, If I can get them cheap enough.

Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks