• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trailer to civilian vehicle cable

Poccur

Mama always said you make more friends with a gift that you will by kind words alone so....

I have a diagram for hooking your Mil trailer to your civilian vehicle. Sure the trailer is 24vdc and your civilian vehicle is 12vdc but the lights will work (just a bit dimmer) and it is much easier to carry a short cable than a full set of magnetic lights when you need to move a trailer.
Moderators, apologies if this already exists on the site, I did some searches but found no hits. Hope this is of use to you.

Cheers

Poccur :)

Attachments

Jones

Welcome to the site; and thanks for the wiring diagram. Lots of guys with mil. trailers have run into the same what-wire-goes-where problem and this will help a lot. A conversion jumper cable lets you keep the trailer original for mil. veh. to mil. trailer hook-ups.
On the off-chance you're going the other way (mil. vehicle to civilian trailer), a handy link for trailer schematics is www.accessconnect.com/trailer_wiring_diagram.htm

Poccur

I should probably include the caveat that this works on the trailers currently used with the HMMWV but I see no reason why the Military would have different wiring for each vehicle....

Cheers

Poccur :)