• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trailers with rubber tracks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a couple pics of US military trailers with what looked like a big rubber band around the wheels on the dual rear axles. Looked like generator trailers, which normally would be 1 axle, 4 tires, but this was two axles, 8 tires, with the track going around them. Is this something new for soft terrain? Sand, perhaps? The pictures I saw didn't show any cargo on the trailer, just the trailer itself, so I'm not sure what it was designed to handle.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you look at the first photo in my post, it is what Mike is describing. Flat genset-type trailer with 2 axles, 8 tires, and a track going around him. I didn't say he was a jerk for reposting. Just wanted to provide the link to the previous post. I'm sure I have reposted something in the course of 9 years.