• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military train in Temple Texas

Pawnshop

I guess this could be posted in the road trip section, some members of our club were at the train station in Temple today for the Temple Family Fun Day honoring the military past and present. I will post photos of the event tomorrow (after sleep...) but I wanted to post some photos of a train that went through while we were there. About 2/3 of the train was made up of flats with shipping containers mostly marked with the 4TH Infantry Division logo which is in the process of moving from Ft. Hood (which is near Temple) to Ft. Carson in Colorado. The other 1/3 of the train was vehicles on flat cars. There was some neat stuff, enjoy and discuss:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Green_gator

MKT, twin axle dually water buffalo and a lockable maintenance trailer. A whole host of trailers that I need. Looks like the boys from Carson are on the move. Thanks for the pictures.

KaiserM109

Fourth Infantry (The Ivy Corps) on the move!

I wonder if they are going on deployment or returning. Their equipment actually looks to be in real good shape; I would guess that they are going.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I recall correctly, that water trailer is an M1112?

Nice pics Sam, I should have been paying attention when that went by!

Cheers

mcmullag

transition

Somebody can correct me with the exact info ...
This has been in the news here in our community for about 2 yrs. The unit is moving from Ft. Hood to Ft. Carson to be with the rest of their divisions already here. I cant keep the numbers straight but Ft. Carson soldier population is going from something like 17000 soldiers based here to 25000 or something with this move. The community is glad to get them, itwill help our economy and we are pro military too. We are supposed to receive in 200 soldiers a week through the summer and into the fall, and their stuff coming back from the mid east is supposed to come straight here rather than first stop at Ft. Hood. Lots of new buildings for housing, schools, administration, etc has been going on at Ft. Carson to be able to accept these folks.
Its cool to go the grocery store or Walmart, etc and see all the active duty army and airforce in uniform. We have 5 military installations here: Air Force Academy, NORAD-Cheyenne Mountain, Shriever AFB-space command, Peterson AFB-home of Homeland Security, Ft. Carson. talk about too many eggs in one basket or area.........

Pawnshop

I don't know how the trains move through the area, that one was traveling toward Ft. Hood (west of Temple) but while we were there an AMTRAK came through on it's way north and it was pointed the same way. I am ASSUMING this train was going to Colorado. Some of the equipment looked to me like it has just come from a combat zone, and some of it looked new.

Yes Green_gator, I am lusting after some of that stuff myself:)

RC, you were inside soaking up the AC and missed the good stuff! Rail yards are one of my favorite places on Earth, and this was my first military train to see, makes me want to camp out there and see what else I find! If the 4th ID is moving all summer there will be more where that came from.

combat32

Lot of specialty stuff there, could be coming back from NTC, (Ft. Irwin CA) all other equipment is drawn at Ft. Irwin.Made that trip buku times while stationed at Hood.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Army brought several toys to the event for us to play with, this was my favorite. PLS..... :drool::drool::drool:
That machine is surprisingly quiet when operating.

It looks nice next to my 813, I suppose I shall have to get one...

The armoured Humvee was pretty cool too, had 157 miles on the clock.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks