• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Magazine

Loose Deuce

Hey I know a lot of you guys already get the military vehicle magazine, I just got my first one today, the June issue. Is that one of our guys trucks in that Coolant Maintenance article, looks like it. I ran across a lot of truck part vendors I havent heard about before. for anyone that dont know here is a few.

Army Surplus of Dodge City 1-620-227-7441

www.samwinermotors.com

ted's trucks N stuff 1-334-983-1092 windshield $120.00

Some cheap parts and some outragious priced ones. [complaining]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our own Cranetruck wrote the article on cooling upgrades. He contributes much to the mag. One should ask him for a list of his articles and try to get back copies. Army Surplus of Dodge City has bunches of stuff but his prices seem high judging by his ads. Sam Winer motors in Akron OH has lots of stuff. Call and ask for Robert Zetzer, he's friendly to the hobby. Worth stopping by if ever in the area. Ted Hils in Dothan AL is a fair guy to deal with too. He has an EBay Store as well but I can't recall the name.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are my published articles to date:

"My Working Deuce-and-a-half", Issue #72, March/April 1999.
"Dual to single conversion", Issue #79, May/June 2000
"How to: Match the tires on your deuce", Issue #85, June 2001
"How to: Audible turn signal reminder", Issue #86, August 2001
"How to: Drive on side slopes", Issue #87, October 2001
"How to: Service 2-1/2 ton Front Axles", Issue #89, February 2002
"How to change your Deuce's fuel filters", Issue #91, June 2002
"How to: Air-Pak rebuild", Issue #91, June 2002
"How to: Deuce Maintenance", Issue #92, August 2002
"How to: Fording the Deuce, Part 1", Issue #93, October 2002
"How to: Turbo conversion for Deuces", Issue #94, December 2002
"Crankcase Ventilation Filter", Issue #98, August 2003
"The Multifuel Flame Heater", Issue #99, October 2003
"Solid State Devices on the Deuce", Issue #101, February 2004
"The Alcohol Evaporator", Issue #102, April 2004
"Front End Alignment" Issue #105, October 2004
"AN/VIC-1 Vehicular Intercom" Issue #106, December 2004
"Fording the Deuce, Part 2" Issue #107, February 2005
"How to Safely drive Downhill" Issue #108, April 2005
"Coolant Maintenance" Issue #109, June 2005

Thanks for your interest!

Loose Deuce

Hi Cranetruck, Sorry I couldn't remember your forum name :blush: the older I get the harder things are to remember :banghead: This is my first magazine so I will be tuned in from now on [^]

Red Neck

With all those, you should be part owner or at least get the mag for free ! I will have to go back and look some of those up. Can they be republished on this forum ?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is such a thing as copyright and the publisher would have to be consulted.

However, send me a PM with your address and I'll see if I can't fill a few requests for copies of articles. I'll let you know if it gets out of hand. :)

Unfortunately, the magazine back issues were not available from Krause Publications and I don't know about the new owners, F+W Publications.
Sometimes they pop up on ebay, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks