• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military warehouse trailer

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any pics of a 4-wheel platform type warehouse trailer that is used by the military at any number of bases? I've seen them occasionally at GL, wondered if someone here has closeup pics so I can look it over for a potential future project. They are about 4x8 feet or so, usually painted yellow, wood deck, and looks stupid.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the club had one when we were at the hanger. It may have been scrapped. I'll check on it this week, and if it's still present, will try to get pics.

3dAngus

There are a couple of different kinds that fit that description. Ive seen tons of them at Robins. Are you referring to the one that has a pintle hitch? Another has a T-Handle, and another had a straight bar in the 4X8 category. Also, some of those have all steel beds in lieu of wood.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I'm thinking about has a pintle hitch and a wood bed. Actually the bed material doesn't matter, I'd be ripping it off.

3dAngus

I used to have one or two with steel wheels. I'd give it to you if I still had it. Don't even know what became of it, but I do know I gave one to my neighbor who is no longer with us.

Some people call them "Warehouse Dolly" in lieu of "Warehouse Trailer", and I think either is acceptable. Wish I could help more, but if you use your favorite search engine, be sure to try the "Dolly" word too.

by the way, one sold at Robins a couple weeks ago. They used to come up all the time so keep your eye out for them. If you buy one there, I can pick it up for you and hold it until the Ga. Rally, if you come down for it.

Last edited:

hoop

Buddy has about a dozen of them in the woods....I can take pics for you. Let me know what pics you need.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just some general pics, all around the trailer.

3dangus - the ones I am thinking about have regular tires on them, not steel wheels.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one we had was the regular tire version, with a "T" handle, according to the guys I talked to today. It's gone to the scrapper, but there may be another at the remote compound - we haven't been there in a while - maybe this week.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks hoop! That's what I needed.

Do you know if you buddy is interested in selling one of them in the near future?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a trailer I've had for several years that looks very similar to the trailer in the pics. The one I have has a steel bed and I think the data plate says "bomb trailer" though. It's pretty handy for hauling things around the farm being pulled by a 4-wheeler.

hoop

Buddy uses them as a work platform (bench), they roll around and are just the right height.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks