• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MILWAUKEE TO DETROIT roundtrip

Cgray

What are you doing to get the lights and brakes to work ?
I grabbed the schematics, multi meter and a few plugs and made an adaptor.
I ran line from cab to rear bumper for the the electric brakes a day wired the controller independently so I can over ride the trailer brakes if needed. Honestly don’t really use them much.

reset2

Has anyone pulled 12 volts off one battery in an 24 volt setup? It has Worked for me but I have heard that the charging system doesn't replenish the battery like it should.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone pulled 12 volts off one battery in an 24 volt setup? It has Worked for me but I have heard that the charging system doesn't replenish the battery like it should.

On a 24v truck it does not do well. It's called an evil wire. Except small voltage items. The FMTV trucks have a dual voltage alternator so it will keep the 12v side up

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You need an equalizer. You can't pull a lot of current off of the 12 volt batteries without causing problems. If the truck is all 24 volts, a dual voltage alternator won't supply enough current on the 24 volt side if you have AC or other high current accessories.

SuperSLo

What's your hitch setup? You are running oversize tires, right? Everything playing nicely? I just got a 5th wheel toy hauler and am looking for a tow vehicle, and the m1088 is looking awfully interesting, lol. Your setup looks sweet.

Cgray

What's your hitch setup? You are running oversize tires, right? Everything playing nicely? I just got a 5th wheel toy hauler and am looking for a tow vehicle, and the m1088 is looking awfully interesting, lol. Your setup looks sweet.
Yes running 53” run flats.

The hitch is a B&W drop in that I welded together. I have a few more if you need one.

I also welded a gooseneck ball receiver to my 5th wheel plate so that it’s unique setup. It makes it harder to steal too.

Everything rides great and I have put 18,000 miles on the tires and hitch set up.

SuperSLo

Yes running 53” run flats.

The hitch is a B&W drop in that I welded together. I have a few more if you need one.

I also welded a gooseneck ball receiver to my 5th wheel plate so that it’s unique setup. It makes it harder to steal too.

Everything rides great and I have put 18,000 miles on the tires and hitch set up.

I'll keep you in mind - first I need to sell my house and get a truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks