• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mind the ground.

I installed the radio today, and every time I turned on the lights it would go all static. Decided to fool with the lights some and noticed they flickered with the static. Finally dawned on me. I ran a ground from the firewall to the negative of the front batt. and wala! So, to be safe, I also ran a short, 4 gauge ground from the bus bar, the negative one of course, to one of the bolts securing the fuel filter base. No more issues. I also removed all the noise filters from the wipers and heaters. I used them between the radio and its power source, the triple power outlet and its power, and have one waiting for the EQ. I used the lone one from the heater between the inside accesory fusebox I installed and it's power source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks