• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mirror arms

sermis

I am going to run the old style mirrors and not the west coast type. I got the mirror heads from Saturn but they did not have the mount arms. Said they did not know anyone that had them. Can anyone post some pic’s of the arms and measurements or have a set they are willing to get rid of?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need the little 90deg elbows that go from the mirror head to the windshield hinge?
Or do you need the arm that goes from the windshield hinge to the elbow? I'd take pics but the files always come out too big to post. I might have some extra elbows out in the shed if you need them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the standard(west coast) hood hinges? I'd trake mine for west coast hinges.

sermis

My truck has the solid arms that come off of the windshield hinge out about 1'. They are about 1/2" thick steel about 1 to 1 � � wide and have a hole at the end. The mirror heads I got from Saturn are about 8� square and have a flat bracket mount on the back.
Not a very good pic but you can see the mirror arm above the drivers door.

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea all you need is the elbows. I have a spare set . Let me dig in the shed for them.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found you a set of elbows and supports. I took the supports off because tree limbs are pretty hard on them. Besides they didn't vibrate with out them any way.

rice

deuce

Mine has the arm from the windshield brace. It originally had the west coast type, but I liked these better off my 77 parts truck.

Attachments

rmgill

M35A2 said:
rmgill said:
You could always go with a set of arms from a 10 ton like my Deuce has.

Ryan, I love your mirrors and arms. Can these be purchased easily from one of your ex military dealers?
They're off an M123. I doubt you have many of those in the UK. :wink:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine orignally came with the elephant ears. They torched them at the windshield hinges and installed west coasts. I hated them. They vibrated too much to see anything clearly and took a serious beating in the woods. With the elephant ears i can drop the windshield, pop off the mirrors with one bolt apiece and yank the exaust stack pretty quick. Those arms comming out of the hinges are pretty tough. They have removed a lot of tree bark.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that looks great. I'm glad they worked out. If you use your truck in the woods they are the only way to go!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks