• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mirrors

tm america

i have the new style wesy coast mirrors on my truck i'm thinking about trading them out for the old style that have the arm coming from the windshield mount and a brace going to the door hinge .does anyone have them on thier trucki was wondering how visability is with them and do they shake alot on the road.i do alot of offroading and the west coast are worthlees offroad since they are so wide they hit everything you drive by and end up folded in most of the time

TedG

Are you thinking about something like these? I have these on a tub I have for sale in the classifieds. On the passenger side, it mount to the mg clamp so it is a little lower but effective. As far a visability, I am sure they vibrate but not as bad the old one arm setup on hmmwv's.

Attachments

reloader64

I have the type of mirrors you are talking about. I don't have any pictures (I
know, I know).:oops: I took mine off and put the bigger mirrors on. The problem is, I did the military conversion, which means I whacked off the arm coming from the windsheild mount. If you had a replacement arm, I would let the mirrors go cheap. They don't vibrate too much, I just wanted a little better visibility. If you're interested, e-mail me at postgunsmithing@texas-skies.com.

Scott

jimm1009

West Coast??

I think that the West Cost mirrors ar the first two in my post here.
I have the smaller mirrors in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th pictures and want to get rid of them due to not having enough glass area for frequent backing up the drive.

Jim

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct Jim, west coasts in your first pics and elephant ears in the other 3 pics!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks