• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

CanonNinja

Winding down to picking up my new Deuce, and getting damn excited about it. Orderd some new parts for it already, and planning a week-long project with it for spring break the following week. The truck I'm buying doesn't have a fuel compensator on it, so I'm assuming the previous owner converted it for diesel-only. Of course, I'd like to reinstall one (dont have one with the truck) so I can actually use the "multifuel" portion of the truck, as I have fairly unlimited access to used motor oil (work at a dealership). What do I need to look at buying and what am I getting into, labor-wise, to convert back?

jwaller

more than likely the compensator is still on the truck, it's just been bypassed. should be an easy job to hook it back up. But if it has been bypassed then there is probably a reason and most likely it's leaking.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With or without the FDC it's still a multifuel engine, you may have a slight loss of power when mixing gasoline in the fuel or a gain of power if you are running on #2 diesel.
The FDC only adjusts the amount of fuel delivered, does nothing to the combustion of it.
If you are using biodiesel/veggie oil, the FDC will actually reduce the fuel delivery when it ought to increase it, so you are better off without it in that case.

area52

Re: RE: Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

jwaller said:
more than likely the compensator is still on the truck, it's just been bypassed. should be an easy job to hook it back up. But if it has been bypassed then there is probably a reason and most likely it's leaking.
Nope its completely gone, its my truck he is buying by the way.

CanonNinja

Re: RE: Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

cranetruck said:
With or without the FDC it's still a multifuel engine, you may have a slight loss of power when mixing gasoline in the fuel or a gain of power if you are running on #2 diesel.
The FDC only adjusts the amount of fuel delivered, does nothing to the combustion of it.
If you are using biodiesel/veggie oil, the FDC will actually reduce the fuel delivery when it ought to increase it, so you are better off without it in that case.

I understood the gist of it, but didnt know if there was anything the unit had to do with timing. I was planning to try a mix of oil/diesel since my shop manager gave me the ok to raid the oil cans, as long as he could drive the truck once I get it. I was also interested in trying the veggie oil thing so its good to know I can try that without an FDC

Westech

CPL
RE: Re: RE: Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

nope you can run with out it. Im bypassing mine befor i go out to aberdeen just incase it takes a dump on the way out there

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

I have a spare eng with the FDC if you want some of the parts lemme know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

cranetruck said:
Kenny, what happend to your avatar, no wrecker picture any longer?
Needed a change Bjorn. I'll get tired of the old truck and put something wrecker back up one day.

SasquatchSanta

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Missing fuel compensator on Multifuel...

The FGC is a mystery to me.

If I'm reading the above correctly, weather premitting, you can still run a motor oil/diesel fuel blend with out the FDC AND --- the FDC MAY be detrimental when running BIO fuel.

I'm told the engins runs smoother and possibly better without the FDC.

Having said all this, if you don't have a need to occasionally run gasoline (who does?) why have the FDC? --- why not unhook it?

Before answering, I live in a cold climate and occasionally need to run NR 1 Diesel (or a lot of fuel conditioner).

I'd like to know "the rest of the story" on the FDC and whether to take it or leave it.

Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a few LDS's with a blockoff plate where the FDC goes. I didn't by a M52 because it was set up this way. Insead i found one that was. The tag on the pass side didn't have multi on them eather. The tags just stated "diesel". I wondered if mabye the pistons didn't have the dish?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks