• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missouri Inspection

rbarton

Yippee, the title for my Deuce just showed up from GL after a 2 month wait. Now I need to get the truck inspected so I can get plates. In Missouri, do I need to take it to a heavy truck place, or will a standard car inspection be acceptable?

Thanks in advance, and everyone have a Happy Father's Day.

chicklin

Just get historical plates. No inspection and you just have to keep it under 1000 personal miles a year. If you need regular plates, I would think a standard inspection place would work.

I live in Missouri and have done historical plates on a '68 CJ-5 and a '68 M715. Never had a problem.

tamangel

Historic License Plates:
http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/historic.htm

Motor Vehicle Titling
http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/titling.htm

"The following vehicles are exempt from a safety inspection:
6- Motor vehicles that display historic plates"
( http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/help.htm#safety )

Mike

"No nation ever yet found any inconvenience from too close an inspection into the conduct of its officers, but many have been brought to ruin and reduced to slavery by suffering gradual impositions and abuses."
Edward Livingston

saddamsnightmare

July 11th, 2008.

Dear RBarton:

Congratulations on the win, now get to work maintaining your deuce, checking brakes, axles, running gear, frame and steering and body, as she is a 1948 design +50 years, so the safety items are essential. Here in Texas military vehicles don't need annual inspections, but if you must have her inspected, try a standard or car inspection shop first.... Why? The truck shops will try to apply current DOT regulations to your truck, and generally she won't make it on lighting, brakes, mud flap length (Size is important!), and even the drips from the engine puke tube.....
The truck shop here in Paris, TX, nearly had a hemmoroid when the duece was brought before them, and they weren't going to pass it without all those items being corrected...... The Unimog caused some similar concern on the regular inspection (which, I did not know that I didn't need at that time) because of the unusual military taillights (stop is yellow, red is taillight and blackout light.....), so be prepared for the questions....

And welcome to the club....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp. M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gas Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 MB rofl

oldshep

in MO, if it didnt come from the factory with it, you dont have to update it to pass. atleast thats wat they told me...

chicklin

Re: RE: Missouri Inspection

oldshep said:
in MO, if it didnt come from the factory with it, you dont have to update it to pass. atleast thats wat they told me...
Yep, I believe that's true as well. This applies to things like seat belts, mirrors, signal lights, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks