• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT #2 Recovery

WPNS421

We picked up our second MKT-90 this week. It is in excellent shape with lots of new canvas as well as new parts.

All the water and fuel cans are brand new. There are also new untensils, new can openers, new MBU wiring, new fuel fill up hoses and spots. We got 2 power inverters, 2 roof jacks and 4 leg crank handles.

We will be redistributing items between our 2 MKTs. We will be looking for some other items soon. MTF

Last edited:

WPNS421

More new stuff. Even rare stuff like 2 folding tables as well as the water bag which we have never seen before.

There are also two long tarps we have no idea what they are for. One has a sort of "pouch" near the end. A possible winter cover maybe? The Tarp is very long and has velcro on one side and rope lopes on the other side, we have 2 of them.

Edit: After looking through the manuals we finally found out that they are teh cold weather skirts.

The only thing we are missing on the MKT are the MBU's and the left vynl roof extension. The right vynl roof extension is there (and pretty much brand new) but we are missing the left one for some reason. Any one have a green vynl one they wish to part with? ;)

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water bags are called Lister Bags. Filled with water and hung from a tripod of small trees or under some other form of overhead support. The canvas is supposed to get wet from the inside and 'sweat', supposedly making the water cooler in the summer. Cooler than what I do not know - never tasted very cool to me. Seems like your winter skirt is the two piece variety, I've also heard of a one-piece variety. It really does not get cold enough in this part of North America to have to use them, but they are VERY nice to have.

Good score, what about the insulated food and drink containers? I think you have read my PM.

WPNS421

There weren't any drink or food containers in this MKT. This one is also missing all the MBU's. But we are thinking of converting MKT to propane. We will have to see how much it will cost to do it versus buying some MBU's from someone.

We should start an MKT club around here :D

KaiserM109

I just damaged my keyboard by drooling on it!

Interesting that someone would have packed it up and left a roof vent open!

Put me down as a charter member of the MKT club; I have a very complete MKT-85; I even got 2 swing blades, 2 rakes, 2 shovels, 2 brooms and a set of steel wire shelves. If you don't want that lister bag, let me know. Mike, they are only cool to look at, not to touch.

It looks like your outer canvas it the good vinyl type; GOOD CATCH!

Arlyn

Crazyguypa

I need to find a new set of green outer covers for mine. I got a new tan set, but i'm not particular on the color. Not much desert or beach here in PA, but I'll keep it just for when mine gets too worn.

m109guy

I need to find a new set of green outer covers for mine. I got a new tan set, but i'm not particular on the color. Not much desert or beach here in PA, but I'll keep it just for when mine gets too worn.
I have read that some people have been able to dye the tan vinyl to different colors. I have never seen it done in person, but several people here on SS have stated that they dyed their tan colored cab tops to green using regular house paint some how. That is just an idea in case you are interested. Though I would bet that original green color canvas is going to look better.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank,
Are you coming to the VA Rally over Labor Day? Eddie will have his MKT there, and I need to find out from him if he has everything we will need to cook.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks