• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT in MN

brianrbull

I am in a bit of a pickle. I have an MKT in Mew Mexico that needs to be picked up.....This Tuesday. My shipper fell thru, I am in Afghanistan So I cannot get it myself. My only other option is to have a friend take my deuce from MI to pick it up. I dont really get a warm fuzzy from that. it there anyone out there that can help with this mission? I also have 2 M720's in Utah but I will probably have to abandon them My main concern is the MKT . I am also a bit concerned about pilferage that is why I am asking for help from this site. Thank You

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thing Monday morning, get with Truckingdeals.com, Walker will put your load on the boards and find a trucker for you fast. Call the agency too, they will cut you some extra days. The partial load will run you $1.00 a mile.

stanleycr1

NM to MN

I need to get the confirm the dimensions of the MKT. But if they are what I think then my rate would be 85 cents per mile for this shipment. Could it be loaded and unloaded from a stepdeck?

Sincerely,

Stanley Crawford

Independent Landstar Agent

Phone:757-859-6575

Cell: 757-556-9634

Fax: 866-546-2956

Email: Stanley.Crawford AT landstarmail.com

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If nothing else call a storage warehouse in the area for outdoor storage and then call a wrecker to move it for you. You don't want to take a hit with GL for abandoning a bid.

brianrbull

My Heartfelt Thanks to all the help. The unit was delivered today. I found a person on Uship to haul it for me. it ended up being $1450. A bit higher than I would have liked but it is home. I depart Afghanistan for home in 72 hours. I will be posting pics of what is inside. The Auction listing "Claimed" it was complete.....We shall see. Again Thanks SS. Did Anyone else out there get one of the New Mexico MKT's? wondering how they turned out.

Brian

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was probably bidding against you but I gave up early. I missed inspecting the one at Ft Sam only to find out later that it was practically brand new.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,
Welcome to the MKT club! Get home safely yourself, unwind, then take a look at it. I've been working on the CAMBRO food carriers i got from Ft. Sill. None had any inserts, but I expected that. I need to decide which ones I want to keep, and which to let go. I know of at least one other SS member that was bidding on one of the NM MKT's but did not hear if he won anything.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, MKT club: Help me understand what you do with these besides collecting? Do you set them up at festivals and feed 100's? The MKT's are quite elaborate and well thought out I think.