• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT side covers?I

jasonjc

I've been watching this thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...y-know-a-source-for-M105-cover-vinyl-material about trailer covers and it got me thinking. Well I was thinking this before but. My MKT has the rotten nylon side covers and I was thinking about making new ones. The ones that are on it are double layer. Is there a reson for this? Also it has 2-3 vertical seems that don't seem to be needed. Also 12-18" down from the top there is a horazontal seems/splice. The fabric I was looking at would be tall enough that it would not need to have this top splice. Looking for some wizdom.

And I have to post from work because my home computer has been banned again! D!! hues net! Need to find new inter net provider.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAD! Carry covers have dried up since the rebuild program completed in 2010. Be prepared for sticker shock if you have some made. The two tone vinyl is about double the price per yard of the single color stuff, then there's the special fasteners and other sewn-in items that have to be sourced. Roof canopies and wall sections have a lot more detail sewing to be done on them. I've been quoted over $1000 each for some of those pieces from vendors who build the same thing for the government for less than $150. The Texas Lighthouse Charity Foundation had some custom roof canopies made to match their color scheme at about $4000 per roof (2 pieces). Kinda makes you want to bid on MKT's that have good canvas, just to strip them for parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks