• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobility Trailer.

alal

Very nice! Can you explain what these are used for?
Well I think this one at least was used for transport of ammo and weapons. There are 3 aluminum posts inside and I think they had weapons racks bolted to them. Haven't seen too many of them for quite some time and even then there wasn't that many. I bought 4 of them in 2011 on GL and I restored and outfitted the other 3 into camping trailers with stretcher bunks and propane heaters, ect .

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one out of Gulfport. It was a Navy unit. Had rifle racks. Some have different side doors but mine had none. 12v civy lights and a ball hitch not lunette but easy to swap with the adjustable hitch. Had 4 level Jack's on each corner. Mine also had a 120v dome light with a standard 3 wire pass through plug on the side. Top 4 corners Had lift rings and cables.
Torsion axle with civy tires and rims. Tows like pulling a brick in a wind tunnel.

Real interesting critter.

Last edited:

alal

I got one out of Gulfport. It was a Navy unit. Had rifle racks. Some have different side doors but mine had none. 12v civy lights and a ball hitch not lunette but easy to swap with the adjustable hitch. Had 4 level Jack's on each corner. Mine also had a 120v dome light with a standard 3 wire pass through plug on the side. Top 4 corners Had lift rings and cables.
Torsion axle with civy tires and rims. Tows like pulling a brick in a wind tunnel.

Real interesting critter.
All 4 I had were all the same model as this one and came from FT Lewis. I thought it pulls pretty nice with my F350, never had any issues.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a durango at the time. Just not real aerodynamic and a drag if against the wind. Gulfport had 2 dozen but you are correct very few I think were made. They had some with different styles of side doors.