• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modifications on my M35 in the last few years.

So I have had my M35A2 for over 5 years now. I bought it in VA as a stock M35 (WO/W, hard top, no canvas bows, old style mirrors)

Over the last 5 years I have done numerous things to make the truck "better".

1. I replaced the engine (sorta had to since I got a hole in the side of the original).
2. Replaced the hard top with a soft top.
3. Replaced both fenders.
4. Added convoy lights.
5. Added a flapper? on top of the stack.
6. Added a winch, PTO, vice and pintle hitch on the front of the truck.
7. Added back up lights, reflective placards, alarm and switch for the alarm.
8. Added cab light.
9. Added fire extinguisher, chemical canister and warning triangles in the cab.
10. Added slave cable plug.
11. Replaced old mirrors w/west coast style mirrors.
12. Added steps on both sides of bumper.
13. Added rear facing turn sigs. in front.
14. Added AN/GRC-160 and antenna.
15. Replaced bench seat w/another driver side seat.
16. Added EZ-track on bothe sides of bed floor.

And of course the usual maint., front boots, rear axle seals, head gaskets, water pump, starter, generator, c turbo (Papabear's favorite), etc.

Attachments

ALFA2

Nice useful additions and for most part does not detract from the intended original design.
The top type is a matter of personal preference, and everyone has their own opinion on that.
Thank you for posting your build.
ALFA2

Lex_Ordo

Love the vice, and the front pintle. Great ideas!

also...
What is the data plate on the tunnel next to the transfer case lever? I have the PTO data plate on the side of the tunnel but haven't seen one on top. Yours has a lot more writing on it, than FWD NUETRAL REV.

Last edited:
Great mods and outstanding lookin' deuce. Got anything left on the project list for your truck?
Thanks. Next comes new rear springs, new bed and paint job, but that will probably be next year (or later). I plan on buying a truck here at Nellis and parting it out.

nice but why would you take the hard top off was it bent up or something just wondering
The hard top leaked all over the place. I actually like the soft top better.

Love the vice, and the front pintle. Great ideas!

also...
What is the data plate on the tunnel next to the transfer case lever? I have the PTO data plate on the side of the tunnel but haven't seen one on top. Yours has a lot more writing on it, than FWD NUETRAL REV.
It explains how to use the PTO and Winch. I will take a picture and post it.