• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Montana to Virginia 2100 miles in my M923

deuce6x6

Hi All,

I recently purchased my first M923 A2 from Sparta - by the way Jeff Rocks there if you need help - The truck was in great shape mechanically. I have to service the enitre truck with fluids and filters according to the TMs. The batteries were replaced. It was now ready to take a road trip from our home in MT to Virginia for X-mas. My wife and I bough a winter home in VA as an investment ( we have no 401 K) so we brought a load back. She flew with our 14month old daughter and I drove the load tthis week trying to stay in front of a bad winter storm. I rolled in without inci131221_0001.jpg131218_0001.jpg131217_0002.jpgdent ( other than running out os fuel 18 miles from my destination due to a bad fuel gauge) and I am now sitting here in VA with the big green beast!!!

The M923 was a nice ride compared to an M35 I drove across a few years ago. I could maintain 60 mph easily and climb hills at 50 mph. The only issue was trying to keep from running over small cars that dart around you near Chicago.