• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Crazy Ideas

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it seems that I've reached that point. Having 2 deuces and no ability to haul anything big or heavy has got me thinking. To start with I went the other day and picked up 3 pallets of pavers for the neighbor. I loaded them with the wrecker and transported them on the M103A3. Could only carry 2 pallets at once and the trailer was much overloaded. I can't justify or afford the purchase of an M35A2 right now so I've got a couple of ideas. Firstly was thinking of getting rid of the M447C shop trailer in exchange for an M118A1. This is a flat bed stake trailer about 22' and single axle. They usually aren't too expensive but not plentiful either. Another idea I've come up with is to remove the M4 van boddy that makes up the M447C and put a 17' M36 bed in its place. That would net me with an open trailer that I can load with the wrecker, drop side on one side for forklift loading and enclosable with the standard tarp system. It also leaves the front deck of the trailer available too. To make it even more utilitarian, I could make the M36 bed dump making one cool trailer.
I'm thinking! Anyone have some spare M36 beds?

rizzo

Recovry4x4 said:
Well, it seems that I've reached that point. Having 2 deuces and no ability to haul anything big or heavy has got me thinking. To start with I went the other day and picked up 3 pallets of pavers for the neighbor. I loaded them with the wrecker and transported them on the M103A3. Could only carry 2 pallets at once and the trailer was much overloaded. I can't justify or afford the purchase of an M35A2 right now so I've got a couple of ideas. Firstly was thinking of getting rid of the M447C shop trailer in exchange for an M118A1. This is a flat bed stake trailer about 22' and single axle. They usually aren't too expensive but not plentiful either. Another idea I've come up with is to remove the M4 van boddy that makes up the M447C and put a 17' M36 bed in its place. That would net me with an open trailer that I can load with the wrecker, drop side on one side for forklift loading and enclosable with the standard tarp system. It also leaves the front deck of the trailer available too. To make it even more utilitarian, I could make the M36 bed dump making one cool trailer.
I'm thinking! Anyone have some spare M36 beds?
I've had the same thoughts. Would be nive to not have to drive two trucks. to load something.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Another idea I've come up with is to remove the M4 van boddy that makes up the M447C and put a 17' M36 bed in its place. That would net me with an open trailer that I can load with the wrecker, drop side on one side for forklift loading and enclosable with the standard tarp system. It also leaves the front deck of the trailer available too. To make it even more utilitarian, I could make the M36 bed dump making one cool trailer.
Most practical solution

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks