• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More electrical probs....

combatmech

aua Howdy all,
replaced the 12v return wire to engine wiring harness block, the battery cable between #1 and #2 Batts....got in running and drove it around for at least two hours ( one or two stops for snacks and gas ) and everything was fine.
Note: while troubleshooting, I disconnected the wiper motor and washer pump and forgot about it.
Get in this morning it started, the head lights were out ( drive lights switch on ) parking lights on, move the headlight plugs and they came on. It was raining, plug the wiper motor and washer pump back in. Wipers move very slow...about the same in the fast position. The truck had been running for about 10 min during all this. Shutdown, try to re-start and nothing.
Has anyone had a wiper motor/ washer pump suck a battery dry like that???
aua This truck is gonna drive me to drinking :cookoo: or put me in the looney bin.....

4bogginchevys

ten minutes is not sufficient time for the batts to recharge if low. Give it one more chance with everything hooked properly/switches in the correct position, and a good charge on each batt. I say this because there is just to many factors at this point.....if you have a problem tomarrow then just unhook the wipers over night and try again, the process of elimination is easy this way, it just takes time. good luck :razz:

combatmech

Did more trouble shooting a while ago. Unhooked the wiper motor, jumped the front battery, ran the truck until the seatbelt light came on....I dont get it at all. It's back to what it was doing last month.
I will try your suggestion...couldnt hurt...I've tried everything else. Not much longer you'll see a post..." Someone PLEASE come get this thing "...Just kidding. I bought it...I'll fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks